tawny, case dakota
visual communicator and lover of people
obligatory about me
I doodle, photograph, design, write, and try to remember to water my plants.
Drawing since I was 3, wormed my way through art in educational institutions, now noodling out during the rain to continue to do art till I get early birded.
- I co-founded, co-facilitated, and organized meetings for the first club for LGBTQ+ students in Media Design School, as well as participated in Student Leader activities and supported my degree stream as a Class Representative, the go-to between students and faculty within the school.
- Worked social media documentation for the Cultural Festival 2018 held by the Auckland Museum and Auckland Art Gallery.
- Competed in the Datacomp Hackathon 2019, where my team won 'Best Design' and I personally won the 'Awesomeness' Award for presentation design and delivery.
- Crafted the massive illustration piece used for Big Gay Out 2020s 21st celebration branding.
- Completed a three month internship at Datacom as a Graphic Designer, UX & UI Designer, and Illustrator; as well as became a TalentX ambassador going forward.
- Designed, consulted on, and facilitated the 2020 Woven event at Ellen Melville Center in the CBD of Tāmaki Makaurau (Auckland); a public workshop for people to participate in raranga (weaving) and learn about Māori values through the hands-on experience.
"Because I had to go through it, doesn't mean you have to."
My favorite thing in the world is people. There's nothing more I want to do with my work than to help others however I can.
I value diversity, compassion and empathy, growth and change, and passion. A lot of these values come from my own experiences, trials, challenges through life, but also come from how I believe we all deserve to be treated.